Who, what, when, where, and how
Any community college student in San Diego and Imperial Counties!
The purpose of the i2i Idea Competition is to encourage students to identify a problem, challenge or issue and design creative solutions that assist in easing or solving it through the Ideation process.
- • When should you start? Now! Start filling in your details on the Ideator platform. Share your idea to get feedback from friends!
- • Kickoff Event (Virtual) – February 26th at 1pm PST (details below)
• Submissions due in Ideator no later than Friday, April 1st (5pm PST)
• Finalists (7) will be selected by Tuesday April 5th (notified by email)
• Showdown: Finalists will present live at Mesa College on Friday April 8th (1pm) to an awesome group of Judges!
The Kickoff is “virtual” and takes place Friday February 26th at 1pm PST. You can participate here. The Showdown will be held at Mesa College, in room G101 on Friday April 8th at 1pm. Address: 7250 Mesa College Drive, San Diego, 92111
- Click on “Sign up today” (it’s free!)
- Create a new Idea
- Invite new team members to collaborate on your Idea.
- Build out your Idea: add Goals, upload Pitch Deck, attach link to video to Elevator Pitch section, and perfect your Pitch
- Make your Idea and Pitch Deck “Public-facing”
- Add your Idea to Collection – “i2i Idea Competition”
- Ask your friends to visit your Idea and “like it” – this helps with the judges!
Check your email on April 5th when we announce the Finalists! The 7 top Finalists will have a chance to present their Ideas to an amazing panel of Judges. Each finalist will have 5 minutes to present on April 8th at 1pm with 3 minutes for Q&A and feedback from the Judges.
The top 5 teams win scholarship funds (that will be applied toward tuition at the institution of the student’s choice) to be divided equally among the team members:
- • 1st Place $2,500
• 2nd Place $2,000
• 3rd Place $1,500
• 4th Place $1,000
• 5th Place $500
Additionally, the first place team will represent San Diego and Imperial Counties in the statewide competition “Get a Taste of Success” and be eligible to win additional prizes. Not interested in competing? That’s okay. Sign up to see other ideas and help advise the entrepreneurs and startups. Join the community and get involved.